CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Monday, August 11, 2008

I Want to See Jesus Lifted High

Isaiah 64:4 For since the beginning of the world Men have not heard nor perceived by the ear, Nor has the eye seen any God besides You, Who acts for the one who waits for Him.



1 Corinthians 2:9 But as it is written: “ Eye has not seen, nor ear heard,Nor have entered into the heart of manThe things which God has prepared for those who love Him.”



Psalm 31:19 Oh, how great is Your goodness, Which You have laid up for those who fear You, Which You have prepared for those who trust in You In the presence of the sons of men!


1 Samuel 15:22 So Samuel said: "Has the LORD [as great] delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices, As in obeying the voice of the LORD? Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice, [And] to heed than the fat of rams.


I don't know if the verses above make much sense to those reading this as they do to me, but they fit somehow in my mind with what I'm trying to say. For awhile now I've felt God speak to me that there is a blessing in obedience, not that we should obey to obtain a blessing for ourselves, but maybe more of a power in laying our lives down and picking up His will for our lives. If we would choose to center ourselves to do the will of the Father we would see great and mighty things happen right before our eyes. If we would lay down our rights and turn our backs on the sins that so easily beset us (ensnare us) we could be active participants in the unbelievable, inconceivable miraculous work of God here on this earth. Not that the work would be ours to do, but His through us as we enter into surrender and submission to His Will and the working of the Holy Spirit in our lives.

Ephesians 2:10 For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.

He has created us for "good works" that we should "walk in them." Sometimes I feel like so many christians feel like they've been given a "get out of hell free" card or a "license to sin," and although you are forgiven and you're salvation may be sure ( it is between you and God) there is no power. If we would just, correction I feel like if I would just press forward, fight the good fight knowing it's not easy, and do what honors God at every opportunity I believe I will see things that I never could have dreamed of. Here's my question to you...are you with me? Are you willing to lay it all down for the sake of the cross? Are you willing to be submissive to the calling of the Father, the Son and the voice the the Holy Spirit and surrender what is asked of you? Or are you willing to miss out on seeing what no eye has seen before and hearing what no ear has heard before? It's up to all of us in every choice we make daily. My same old same old doing things my way or a brand new world of amazement doing things God's way.


3 comments:

LafnSu said...

In our obedience comes the Glory of the Lord, because He shines through us at that point. The less I see of me and the more I see of Jesus, the better off those around me are, and I reap more benefits than I ever could imagine. Obedience truly is better than anything, and it brings the true peace of the Lord;O)

Tina C said...

Thank you, very beautifully put.

JRM said...

Obedience is a must...the scriptures are full of exhortations to obey. If I, as a husband, am not walking in obedience to my duties as a husband (honoring and cherishing my wife, being slow to anger, laying down my own life for her, etc.), I hinder my prayers! 1 Peter 3:7 tells me that my prayers can actually be hindered, hence, no power, no answers. The issue with Christian obedience is not an issue of salvation, it is an issue of blessing, or correction/discipline. The saddest part is that many Christians are being chastised by the LORD, yet they are blind to it (which is a judgment in and of itself), therefore they don't seek the LORD to reveal to them the cause, therefore they don't change anything, therefore the correction continues (as does the lack of direct answers from the LORD, etc.)

Good post Tina, I totally agree.

.j.